Week of May 20 – May 24, 2019
Hello Sachems! I hope you had a great weekend! This week celebrates the final week of school for the Class of 2019. Beginning next week our school will begin the celebration of Senior Week and I am so excited to celebrate this outstanding class. I want to wish each of them well. For the rest of you...it now time to focus on the classes that are remaining and as we prepare for the final push for the last month of school, it is important to note some of the comments that our out-going seniors shared about their time at MHS. The seniors made comments as to how fast this experience went and as many are graduating with no regret, there were some who wished the did better, or joined a club, or simply engaged in school more. I hope each of you take these words of reflection from our seniors and use them as motivation to change your own path if needed. Be sure to use the month of June to truly FinishSTRONG! Here are a few items for the week ahead!
- Sachem Shout-Out:
- Thank you the close to 100 seniors who attended the memory-filled and energized Senior Night. For all those involved…it will be an evening we will never forget that was filled with laughter, memories and fun! Great job to the Senior Class Officers for planning such a great event.
- Job well done to Sydney Montross for planning an outstanding Senior Mystery Ride on Saturday! The afternoon of teambuilding was awesome. Thank you to all members of the senior class who attended this event.
- Congratulations to the Class of 2020 Class Officers for the 2019-2020 School Year
i. President – Carissa Chane
ii. Vice President – Olivia Ventresca
iii. Treasurer – TBD
iv. Secretary – Mason Pina-Sousa
v. Member at Large – Avery Thomas
- Congratulations to the Class of 2021 Class Officers for the 2019-2020 School Year
i. President – Mandi Bukunt
ii. Vice President – Eden Eugenio
iii. Treasurer – Emily Benson
iv. Secretary – Leanne Melendy
v. Member at Large – Aileen Peddie
- Congratulations to the Class of 2022 Class Officers for the 2019-2020 School Year
i. President – Owen Kidd
ii. Vice President – Hannah St. John
iii. Treasurer – Julie Mulloy
iv. Secretary – Meaghan Penney
v. Member at Large – Matthew Gwozdz
- Congratulations to the MHS Track Team for their outstanding service to the YMCA 5K this weekend! Job Well Done!
- Congratulations to the newest member of the National Honor Society and Silver M Society on their respective induction last week! Sachem Pride!
- Congratulations to the many members of the Boys and Girls Track Team for competing in the South Shore League Championship Meet on Thursday. It was awesome to see how many medals the Sachems returned to Middleborough with.
- A note to thanks to all of our athletic teams as they will complete their final games of the season over the next two weeks. Congratulations on what you have accomplished for our school.
- Congratulations to Josh Young for being named a MIAA Athlete of the Month! Job Well done, Josh!
- Senior Exams:
- Senior Exams will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. Seniors ONLY will be dismissed at 10:15am on both Tuesday and Wednesday of this week at the conclusion of their exams. Tuesday, May 21 - Block 1 & 2 Exams & Wednesday, May 22, Block 3 & 4 Exams. Both days are BLACK Day for your planning.
- Math MCAS Exams – May 21 & 22, 2019
- The Math MCAS Exam will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week for the Class of 2021. We want to wish your sophomores well with this very important assessment.
- It is imperative that all sophomores bring their FULLY CHARGED laptop to the exams on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- STW Presents - That’s Entertainment 41 - “Breaking Badly”
- I want to take an opportunity to wish the cast and crew well this week as they prepare for the opening of That’s E 41 this weekend. I look forward to seeing many students in the audience over the three days the show is running. You can see That’s Entertainment 41 on Thursday, Friday or Saturday night at 7:00pm. Tickets are $10.00 and you do not want to miss it!
- Middleborough Public School Annual Art Show - May 24
- The annual Art Show will take place on Friday, May 24 from 2:00 – 6:00pm in the Middleborough High School Gym. I want to thank all of our art students for their numerous contributions to the Art Show. It is so awesome to know that our school is the host for this wonderful event. Thank you for allowing our community to see your outstanding pieces of artwork.
- Professional Development Day - Friday, May 24, 2019
· The next Professional Development Day will be held on Friday, May 24, 2019, which means the high school will have an early dismissal for all students at 11:30am. Please plan accordingly.
- Class of 2019 - UPDATES
- Senior Class Meeting - Thursday, May 23 - 9:00am
- Senior BBQ – MHS Gym - Thursday, May 23 - 10:15am
i. Yearbook Distribution will take place at the BBQ
- NO SCHOOL FOR SENIORS ONLY - Friday, May 24
- Senior Dues and Debt:
i. Please check in with Mrs. Holmgren and Mrs. Deggendorf to be sure that you have paid your dues…and that you have settled any debt with the school.
- Class of 2019 – Student Laptop Collection – Thursday, May 23
- Attention all seniors!! Your school issued laptop will be collected on Thursday, May 23, 2019 before the beginning of the Senior BBQ in the MHS Gym.
- It is expected that the laptop computer, case and charger are returned at this event. If you fail to return all three pieces…you will be placed on the debt list.
- Internet Safety Program for Students and Parents – May 29, 2019
- Middleborough Public Schools will be hosting a very informative day/evening for students and parents on Wednesday, May 29, 2019. The day will begin with a presentation by Katie Greer for all MHS Students at 7:30am in the MHS Auditorium. This presentation will be quite informative for our students.
- The District and Ms. Greer will host a special event for parents/guardians ONLY on Internet Safety at 6:00pm at the Nichols Middle School. Child care will be provided by the MHS Key Club.
10. Last Call for MASC Summer Leadership Conference – July 7 – 11
· Attention all members of the Student Council! If you have yet to sign up for the MASC Summer Leadership Conference…please do not miss out on this awesome experience. Please see Mr. Branagan or Mr. Siciliano for registration information.
11. Student Council Updates
· The FINAL STUDENT COUNCIL MEETING of the year will take place on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 7:00pm in the MHS Cafeteria. This event will be a celebration of the year and the members of the Class of 2019. You do not want to miss this event. Please come hungry.
· Become involved in the MHS Student Council!! Student Council Representative Nomination Forms are available from Mr. Branagan’s Office at this time. All completed nomination papers are due no later than Friday, June 7, 2019.
12. Class of 2020 – Senior Class Trip to Florida – April 2020
· The planning begins!! Attention all members of the Class of 2020! The planning of the senior trip to Florida has begun. Literature can be found outside of Mr. Branagan’s office for your planning.
· A deposit of $100.00 is due by June 19, 2019 to hold your spot for this awesome trip! You do not want to miss out on a great way to close out your senior year! Please see Mr. Branagan with any questions.
13. Special Olympics of Massachusetts Opening Ceremonies and Block Party – June 7:
· Attention all members of the Student Council! Come and be a part of the Opening Ceremonies for the Special Olympics of Massachusetts and be a volunteer at the Summer Games Block Party at Boston University. The date of the event is Friday, June 7th. Buses leave MHS at 2:45pm. Please see Mr. Branagan or Mr. Siciliano for a permission slip! You do not want to miss this event.
14. Advanced Placement Night - Tuesday, June 11
- The annual AP Night will be held on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 6:30pm. This evening is an important event for all students enrolled in an AP class next year. This evening will include a special presentation from Mass Insight who will share why AP classes are so important to your academic growth. Additionally, you will be able to meet your AP Teachers and learn about the class and receive all materials you will for any summer work that is necessary for your respective AP class.
- This night is a vital piece of your AP experience…I hope you will mark your calendar and be in attendance.
- Home Games This Week
- Monday, May 20:
i. Baseball Vs. Bishop Stang – Varsity – 4:00pm – Pierce Field
ii. Baseball Vs. Bishop Stang – JV – 4:00pm – Nichols
iii. Boys Lacrosse Vs. Coyle & Cassidy – Varsity – 4:00pm – Battis Field
iv. Boys Tennis Vs. Bishop Stang – Varsity – 4:00pm – Camp Avoda
- Tuesday, May 21:
i. NO HOME EVENTS
- Wednesday, May 22:
i. Baseball Vs. East Bridgewater – Freshmen – 4:00pm – Nichols
ii. Girls Lacrosse Vs. Coyle & Cassidy – Varsity – 4:00pm – Battis Field
iii. Grils Lacrosse Vs. Coyle & Cassidy – JV – 5:15pm – Battis Field
iv. Softball Vs. East Bridgewater – Varsity – 4:00pm – Pierce Field
v. Softball Vs. East Bridgewater – JV – 4:00pm – Pierce Field
vi. Girls Tennis – Coyle & Cassidy – Varsity – 3:30pm – Camp Avoda
- Thursday, May 23:
i. Boys Tennis Vs. Dighton-Rehoboth – Varsity – 4:00pm – Camp Avoda
- Friday, May 24:
i. Baseball Vs. Archbishop Williams – Varsity – 3:30pm – Pierce Field
ii. Baseball Vs. Archbishop Williams – JV – 3:30pm – Nichols
iii. Boys Lacrosse Vs. Tri County – Varsity – 4:00pm – Battis Field
iv. Girls Tennis Vs. East Bridgewater – Varsity – 3:15pm – Camp Avoda
- Saturday, May 25:
i. Softball Vs. Coyle & Cassidy – Varsity – 11:00am – Pierce Field
- Good luck to the many away games this week!
Have a great week and be good to each other!
We Are Sachems!