Week of June 17 – June 21, 2019
Hello Sachems! I hope you had a great weekend! This will be the final bulletin of the 2018 – 2019 school year. Words can’t express how proud I am for each of you for FinishingSTRONG! You have shown true Sachem Pride in everything you have done this year. Be proud of your accomplishments. You have earned a well-deserved rest and I hope you have the best of the summer vacation! I will be counting down the days to get you back here to your home away from home…MHS! Here are a few items for the week ahead. Here are a few items for the week ahead. J
- Sachem Shout-Out:
· Congratulations to the MHS Softball Team for an outstanding season. Additionally, to the seniors…that you for modeling with hard work and determination looks like. We will miss you!
· Thank you to Chris Cogan for representing MHS at the Boys State Program this week.
· Thank you to Carissa Chane, Abby McCarthy and Shannon Hurley for representing MHS at the Girls State Program this week.
· Thank you to Eden Eugenio, Aileen Peddie, Colby Allen, Mandi Bukunt and Matt Medeiros for your kindness and leadership for helping a family in need on Saturday at Town Hall. Your kindness does not go unnoticed.
· Congratulations to Julia Masse, Gabe Evirs and Emma Teceno for their recognition for their participation in the Letters About Literature national reading and writing contest sponsored by the Library of Congress. We are beyond proud of you and your hard work. Your letters were outstanding.
· Best wishes to the 12 members of the MHS Student Council who will represent MHS at the upcoming National Conference for Student Council. The school delegation leaves next Sunday morning for Pennsylvania!
· Best wishes to the delegation of world travelers heading off to Ireland and Scotland in early July for an amazing experience. You will love every moment!
- Final Exams – June 17 & 18, 2019
- Final exams will take place on Monday and Tuesday of this week. The exam schedule will be as follows:
i. Monday, June 17 – BLOCK 1 & 2 EXAMS – Full Day of School
ii. Tuesday, June 18 – BLOCK 3 & 4 EXAMS – 11:00am Dismissal for the high school ONLY!
- It is my expectation that our hallways are quiet during exams. Please be respectful of testing, which is taking place throughout the school.
- School Materials:
- It is very important that you return all school materials, such as textbooks, and athletic equipment. Anything that is not returned will result in having your name placed on the debt list. Please do not forget to return your textbooks to your teachers.
- Laptop Collection – Wednesday, June 19
· Please be reminded that all laptops, power cords and cases are being collected on Wednesday, June 19. All students are expected to return their device, case and charger for processing and updating this summer.
· If you have borrowed a laptop from the Library, you must return the device to Mrs. Phillips for cataloging.
5. Class of 2020 – Senior Trip to Florida!
· Attention Class of 2020!! Do not forget to bring in your deposit for the Senior Class Trip to Florida in April, 2020! A deposit of $100.00 is due to Mr. Branagan. Please see him with any questions! Get ready for a great trip!
6. Class of 2020 - College Boot Camp
- Reminder to the Class of 2020…if you have not signed up to take part in the College Boot Camp during the month of August there is still time to do so! You do not want to miss out on this opportunity to complete the important work in Naviance to set up for your college application process. Also, you will leave the Boot Camp with your college essay completed! Please bring the completed registration form to Mrs. Holmgren in the main office. You do not want to miss out on this great opportunity to get a jump start on the college application process!
7. Summer Enrichment & Work:
· Summer Enrichment material and information is located on the Summer Enrichment Page on the MHS Website.
· Students enrolled in AP Classes will have Summer Work that must be done before the beginning of the new school year. Please plan yourself accordingly. A little bit each week and help your achieve success and start the new year strong!
· Please check out the MHS website and click on the Parent & Student Tab to locate all of your materials electronically.
8. Summer Mailing - Be on the look-out!
a. A summer mailing, which will include your Quarter IV Report Card will be send home by the first week of July. Please be on the look-out for important information that will be included in this very important summer mailing.
9. 2019 – 2020 Academic Schedules
· Within your summer mailing…you will receive a copy of the list of courses that you have been enrolled in for the 2019 – 2020 school year. This is the final draft of our schedule. We will be finalizing the schedule over the summer and will begin placing your schedule into “blocks” and assign teachers. Your schedule, which will include teacher name and block assigned, will be distributed on the first day of school. Any changes that you have requested to make to your schedule will be noted within the schedule that you will receive in the summer mailing that will arrive to your home by the end of the month of June.
Lastly, please know how proud I am of all that you have accomplished this year. You have worked hard! I hope you are leaving to begin your summer vacation feeling a sense of accomplishment and your goals for the year have been met. Please know…when you return in September…we will raise the bar even higher. You will be ready to meet this expectation…and even exceed it! I know you will do it! I am so proud to be your principal.
Have a great SUMMER and be good to each other!
We Are Sachems!